Damien Keogh is an arbitrator, mediator, adjudicator and conciliator. Damien is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a lecturer in arbitration law in a number of universities and colleges, including Trinity College, Dublin and the Law Society. He has acted in hundreds of arbitrations, mediations and conciliations over the last twenty years and has been appointed as arbitrator, mediator, adjudicator and conciliator on many commercial disputes both in Europe and the Middle-East.
Damien acts as an arbitrator in all types of commercial and contractual disputes, with particular emphasis on construction and engineering contract disputes. Damien is also one of the leading construction and engineering lawyers in international arbitration.
In addition to his extensive international arbitration practice, Damien is also the principal of his own niche construction and engineering law firm, Damien Keogh & Associates (DKA), based in Dublin, Ireland. Damien is also the co-founder of DKN Law, a specialist construction, real estate and corporate legal consultants based in Dubai in the UAE, and with offices in London, Paris and Dublin. Damien established DKA Solicitors in 2015 and DKN Law in 2016. Prior to this Damien was an Equity Partner and Head of a Tier 1 Ranked Construction and Engineering Group in one of Ireland’s leading international law firms for over 10 years.
Damien is recognised as a leading construction and engineering lawyer with vast experience in all aspects of dispute resolution in construction, engineering and energy claims. Damien is a “Leading Individual” in Construction law as ranked by the Legal 500, and a “Leader in his field” and “among the World’s leading Construction lawyers” as ranked by Who’s Who Legal: Construction 2016. Damien has extensive contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering law experience advising clients in bringing major infrastructure and energy projects from inception to conclusion.
Qualifications and Education
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Lecturer in Arbitration Law, Trinity College Dublin
- Lecturer in Arbitration Law, The Law Society of Ireland
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- CIArb Accredited Mediator
- CIArb Certified Adjudicator
- Member of the Society of Construction Law
- Member of The Law Society ADR Committee
- University College Dublin (Bachelor of Commerce)
- University College Dublin (Master of Business Studies)
- Leeds Metropolitan University (Masters in Construction Law and Arbitration)
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales
- Qualified as a solicitor in Ireland
- The Arbitration Act 2010: Introduction and Explanatory Notes; published by Matheson, 2010
- NCC – The Arbitration Pitfall, Plan Magazine, January 2006
- ADR Guide 2015, Co-Author, Law Society of Ireland 2015
- Net Contribution Clauses in Collateral Warranties, Engineers Ireland Magazine, March 2006
- Successful Delay and Disruption Claims: Presenting the Claim, published in Irish Construction Industry Magazine, July 2013
- Successful Delay and Disruption Claims: Recording the Proof, published in Irish Construction Industry Magazine, August 2013
- Legal Issues in FIDIC Contracts, Energy Ireland, April 2012
- Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014, Special Report 2015, Construction Information Services
- Strategic Development Zones, Irish Times, Sept 2014
- The Construction Industry in Ireland, Euromoney’s Construction & Real Estate Expert Guide 2015
- Adjudication: Practice and Procedure, due to be released at the end of 2017 by Routledge (Informa Law) Publishers
- Numerous publications on arbitration and construction law in construction and property magazines, and newspapers between 2002 to date.